Økodag on Sunday 17 April, is the spring festivity of all organic cows, which will be locked out and let for free pasture on the field. The day attracts many children and adults, who can see the cows “dancing”, when they feel the fresh air and grass, sun and the taste of spring.
You can expect to taste delicious ecological dairy products and the opportunity to see, hear, taste, touch and smell ecology. You can also ask questions and get answers from the farmers.
The festivities officially start at 10:00 and finish at 14:00, though some farms can have a different opening times. Here, by taping you post number, you can find a farm that is closest to where you live.
Worth knowing before you leave home:
• Leave your beautiful shoes home, and wear gummi shoes or something that can be washed.
• Put on practical clothes, as they will most probably get dirty.
• Wash your hands before and after you have paid a visit in a farm.
• Do not feed the animals.
• You should have been in Denmark for at least 48 hours before you can visit a farm.
• Avoid visiting more than one farm on the same day.
• Do not take your dog with you.
For more information, please visit Økodag´s official webpage here (in Danish only).
Excited about the Økodag?
Here is an interesting article about what you can expect at Økodag - Ever Seen a Dancing Cow?